IOS next-hop trouble

owens@nysernet.org owens@nysernet.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 04:23:25 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Pim van Pelt wrote:
> This Juniper, afaik is running JunOS 5.2. It's not mine though, but I do
> know the operator, who is also on this list. Hi, Erik :-)

Hmm, since I don't have the PR I don't know which version fixes the
problem, but IIRC we went from 5.1R2.4 to 5.2R1.4 to get the fix. That's a
confusing enough set of numbers that I could have one wrong ;)

> My box is running an IOS dated 03/03/2002 :) (12.2-8.5-T) on the c7200
> platform. No multicast on that box (BGP session is up, mind you,
> everything works fine except for those log entries)

You wouldn't have any problems, but it could be an issue if the Juniper
has a v4 multicast session with another Cisco at the exchange and they're
on an old IOS. Again this is only my recollection but I think the Cisco
bug was fixed almost a year ago, so if they've upgraded to get the various
security fixes since then they should all be safe.

Bill.