w2k & ipv6 - need help

Hrvoje Dogan hdogan@RI.CARNet.hr
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:44:08 +0100

Hi!

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 02:05:30PM -0600, Ben Winslow wrote:

> Actually, I'm a bit interested in this myself--I can't find any means to
> apply an IPv6-capable stack onto the Win2k box here because the latest
> package I could find won't install on SP2.

Oh, you can, you just have to fiddle with a .inf file or something, and
convince it to look for a higher windows version. There actually
*are* instructions how to do it somewhere on MSR site.

I'm sorry I can't give you any detailed information, I tried it a while
ago, and it blew the kernel if the network cable was disconnected on
restoring from hybernation. Since I tested it on my laptop, that wasn't
a nice thing for it to do :-)

						Hrvoje