w2k & ipv6 - need help

Art Shelest artshel@microsoft.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:22:06 -0800

Christian:

The configuration #3 described in Getting Started with IPv6 Technology Preview for Windows 2000 allows connectivity to the 6bone.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp

It uses the 6to4 relay for the 6bone connectivity, so very little configuration is required.
The "manual tunnel to the 6bone" configuration is not described in the FAQ.

Windows XP has built-in IPv6 functionality that makes connecting networks (not just nodes) to the 6bone even easier.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Christian Kuhtz [mailto:ck@arch.bellsouth.net]
	Sent: Mon 3/25/2002 4:17 AM
	To: 6bone
	Subject: w2k & ipv6 - need help

	hey there,

	i feel stupid asking this, but... seems the documentation on w2k's
	ipv6 stack is a little thin from what i've been able to find so far.
	anyone care to help me get this configuration sorted out?  i've gotten
	it to work sporadically, but i feel like i don't know what i'm doing
	here when i mess around with the ipv6 cmd ln tool.

	a discussion of a simple configuration scenario would help.  (no, this
	isn't about using a w2k site as a 6bone gateway, just a lowly w2k
	endnode on a ipv4/ipv6 dual stack subnet on the 6bone).  anyone care
	to help me out or point me towards configuration examples/scenarios?

	if you can suggest a more appriate forum, please point me that way.

	thanks,
	chris