(6bone) IETF-53 meeting (was (ngtrans) final ngtrans agenda for IETF-53 in Minneapolis)

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 20:17:39 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 bmanning@karoshi.com wrote:
>  I am saddened by the thought that we move away from "where everyone
> peers nicely with others" to something else.  Why is this useful or
> desiarable?

Because, particulatly in 6bone, connectivity is _crap_.

For example, with BGP AS-PATH length of 2, I don't want to see my packets
go from Finland to USA and from there back to Europe.

This or something similar happens if:

1) lots of organizations give transit to lots of organizations ("ad-hoc
network")

and

2) tunneling over longer distances is not strongly frowned upon.