[6bone] ifconfig and EUI-64

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 16:07:20 -0400

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Pim, I am in total agreement with you on this. Both distributions of
Linux which I run here, do support IPv6, but do it strangely. I am
inclined  to keep an open mind here, on what preference happens. The
strange thing I found with NetBSD is that during the installation
process it wanted to autoconfig an IPv6 address, then things broke down
because my system wasn't being properly configured for that version.
FreeBSD on the other hand did want to, but I told it to not do that. And
back to Linux, I'll spare you folks my complaints on that problem
grouping.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi

On