[6bone] fork

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 06:39:34 -0700 (PDT)

% Is it time to start making a clear distinction between IPv6 production
% and IPv6 experimentation/learning? I think today the 6bone is used for
% both.

	can't be done. people still experiment/learn on the v4 network
	and its also used for "production" (what ever that means :)

	Same w/ v6.  the 6bone, as an overlay ontop of the v4 network
	will eventually disolve as native v6 transport is put into place.
	The 6bone address space won't go away when folks run native
	infrastructure -unless- they take overt action to deprecate
	the use of those prefixes.  And since the bits and pieces of
	the overlay won't/can't convert at the same time, we can't
	have a flag day for everyone.  3ffe::/16 may be around a very
	long time.

--bill