[6bone] Re: routing concern

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:57:12 -0700

> Robert J. Rockell
> The 6bone is a learning network.  However, keep your learning
> site-local, unless people agree that they want to learn too,
> please.

Agree. I should have mentioned that I do not filter ingress, but I do
filter egress routes.

However, I don't have a problem with my peers feeding me unfiltered
routes.

I *do* agree with your posting, but the reason that route was broadly
seen is because lots of 6bone participants are still in the "learn"
mode.

So, it might be that there is an unspoken consensus about the 6bone
still being a big learning tool, and the "unless otherwise agreed upon
by your connection partner" might be considered a default by many.

Following the logic, the ones to blame are people that peer directly
with you because they should have filtered the route. Well, I will not
be the one to throw the first stone at them.

Michel.