[6bone] Re: routing concern

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:16:16 -0700

Bill,

> questions about "power" and "incarnation of evil" are better
> raised in the context of movie reviews of "Goldmember" or
> "PowerPuff Girls"

Ahem, is it why you posted the following text here last week?

> Bill Manning wrote:
> Some ISPs beleive that this is evil incarnate and agressivly
> filter. Others are more pragmatic and will adjust as their needs
> dictate.

I see double standard here. You can use "evil incarnate", but I can't
use "incarnation of evil". You can bitch about seing a /24 you don't
like in the routing table but we can't bitch when we see some /48 we
don't like.

Bill, you are a respected member of this community, but it is not enough
to tell ISPs what they should do, especially when they lobby to respect
RFCs.

And, if you don't want this mailing list to have movie reviews in it,
don't begin by using them yourself.

Michel.