[6bone] pTLA for Teredo testing - review closes 7 August 2002

Thomas Narten narten@us.ibm.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:41:11 -0400

> In the pTLA review announcement the requesting email from Christian (see
> below) was included. It states an experimental /32.

Oops, I didn't see that part of the mail. Thanks.

> I believe that Teredo, as a transition mechanism candidate for standards
> track, is a good candidate for a 6bone prefix for testing/experimentation.
> I also believe that, like all other 3FFE::/16 address space users, it must
> be prepared to stop using this address space when the community decides to
> terminate 3FFE::/16 usage in general.

This seems like a different kind of experiment then just providing basic
IPv6 connectivity (which is what pTLAs are normally assigned
for). Thus, it would be good to understand how/when *this* particular
experiment ends, as opposed to just the generic "it must end when all
of the 3FEE::/16 experimentation ends.

Thomas