[6bone] ip6.int or ip6.arpa or BOTH?

Kimmo Suominen kim@tac.nyc.ny.us
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 23:27:48 -0400

I'm using $ORIGIN in the IPv6 reverse files to avoid excessively long
lines.  I also find it easier to move machines from one subnet to
another by moving an entire PTR entry to be under a different $ORIGIN
as opposed to having to edit the line too.  This is especially useful
when there are moves from one assigned block to another.

I wish I could do "popd" or some sort of "cd .." with $ORIGIN.  Or
just limit the scope, maybe something like

    {
	$ORIGIN xxx.
	foo IN PTR yyy.zzz.
    }

But that's probably off-topic here, already.

+ Kim