[6bone] 2001:478:: as /48

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:15:44 -0700 (PDT)

% > Bill Manning wrote:
% > Such an aggregate will never exist, from the holder of
% > 2001:478:: Only people who proxy aggregate will see such.
% > I guess that it is useful to note that This thread was to
% > point out that under no legitimate circumstances should
% > anyone see the aggreagate 2001:478::/35 since all the
% > delegations are of /48 or /64 and are to number exchanges
% > and other infrastructure.  I'd like folks to understand
% > what accepting /48s in this range will mean. I'm not asking
% > you to accept them. I'm asking you to -NOT- accept the
% > aggregate.
%
% I will create this aggregate myself (rather, configure a static route to
% it on each tunnel) if I decide to implement RPF checks and want my
% traceroutes working.

Hum..  This is exactly what SprintICM did eight years ago when they
annoucnced 192.0.0.0/3 into the routing system.  Many networks became
unreachable.

While your at it, you need to include the aggreates for
the RIPE, APNIC, and ARIN /32s that are being/will be used for this
exact same purpose.  Proxy aggregation is lying to the routing system.
While you can lie to yourself with relative impunity, lying to others
is bad.

--
--bill