[6bone] 2001:478:: as /48

Robert Kiessling Robert.Kiessling@de.easynet.net
21 Jul 2002 21:35:32 +0100

John Fraizer <tvo@ENTERZONE.NET> writes:

> Bill was just notifying us that we SHOULD accept the prefixes as
> un-aggregated, not that they were in the wild yet, unaggregated.

No, he did not. He said we cannot expect to see an aggregate, but that
does *not* mean that we should accept /48's and /64's.

At least in RIPE region those prefixes are given out with the explicit
warning that they might not be routable. And in fact, for the specific
purposes like exchange point meshes, they don't need to be announced
at all.

Please don't try to create "PI" space by suggesting that those
prefixes should be accepted.

Robert