Little Problem

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:16:29 -0800

Marc,

> Marc Blanchet wrote:
> I need to look at our configuration (I no longer daily managing it:
> I'll check and come back about it) but normally, we (your peer)
> should not advertise a private ASN to the rest of the world,
> (i.e. you routes should not be specifically advertise with this AS)

Correct; my routes should not been advertised at all, actually.

> so are you sure that you are really multihomed in the global
> routing table?

I'm sure I am not, but not because "my" private ASN is being filtered
(it does not matter). Because none of my /48 prefixes are making it
back to the DFZ, because they are summarized, which is the way it
should be. Since there is no IPv6 multihoming solution as we speak,
I just have manual redundancy.

> If yes, then you got a free ticket that may not stay long... ;-))

You are making my point; I should not have to hijack a private ASN.

Michel.