remove

Michael Biber mbiber@apnetworx.com.au
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 18:28:38 +1100

Some other lists deal with this by auto issuing a monthly reminder of
the key instructions. It either prompts people to leave or at the least,
you only have to remember for 4 weeks, where the instructions are
hiding. Sometimes, failure to comply isn't so much cluelesness, but not
having great English skills...FWIW.

Mike B.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-6bone@ISI.EDU [mailto:owner-6bone@ISI.EDU] On Behalf Of
Sandy Wills
Sent: Saturday, 2 February 2002 11:48 AM
To: 6bone@ISI.EDU
Subject: Re: remove

acwest-6bone@mail.bdkw.yi.org wrote:
> In the case that these requests are not bogus, it migh make life
> simpler if we have a default footer with remove instructions. On the
> one hand, the bandwidth cost would certainly be higher. On the other
> hand, the frustatration costs would be lower. Just a thought...

   The gripping hand is, those subscribers who are unable to remember
how to unsubscribe, and are unable to locate the instructions they
recieved when they first subscribed, will probably also be unable to
read the footer you suggest.
   But, it's certainly worth a try.  For me, at least.  I've got a T1
and I don't mind the wasted bandwidth.  Those paying per byte or per
second for a dialup may object.

--
: Unable to locate coffee.  Operator halted.