remove

Sandy Wills willss@mediaone.net
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 19:47:44 -0500

acwest-6bone@mail.bdkw.yi.org wrote:
> In the case that these requests are not bogus, it migh make life simpler if
> we have a default footer with remove instructions. On the one hand, the
> bandwidth cost would certainly be higher. On the other hand, the frustatration
> costs would be lower. Just a thought...

   The gripping hand is, those subscribers who are unable to remember
how to unsubscribe, and are unable to locate the instructions they
recieved when they first subscribed, will probably also be unable to
read the footer you suggest.
   But, it's certainly worth a try.  For me, at least.  I've got a T1
and I don't mind the wasted bandwidth.  Those paying per byte or per
second for a dialup may object.

--
: Unable to locate coffee.  Operator halted.