(6bone) Ingress filtering (was: asymmetric routing)

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:46:27 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Joel Baker wrote:
> Any protocol which does not support the ability to control traffic balance
> to some degree... will just be ignored. After all, why should a business
> spend millions of dollars to adopt a protocol which makes their connections
> far less efficient?

A protocol that will make multihoming work _at all_ would fit the criteria
IMO.

> interests is... well, just read the sentance. Anything which doesn't give
> out PI space, and routes, to everyone who has them now, just isn't likely
> to really fly.

Problem with IPv6 multihoming is that IPv4 multihoming is so "easy" and
works quite well.  It may be we can't design a protocol or equivalent that
will handle the scenarios responsibly and as well.