[6bone] Two IPv6 Hosts Communicating over IPv4 network

Tony Langdon tlangdon@atctraining.com.au
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:37:05 +1100

> Thanks for all of ur advice. Because our network is behind a
> NAT server, the
> two IPv6 hosts might not be assigned global IPv4 addresses so
> as to act as

As long as the NAT gateway is not between the two hosts, there isn't a
problem (if you look closely at the Red Hat configuration I sent yesterday,
you'll notice private IP addresses in the IPv4 endpoints.  Yes, the IPv6
host-host tunnel I'm running is in private IPv4 space.

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain