[6bone] 3ffe:3400::/24 / IPF/DE

Pim van Pelt pim@ipng.nl
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:14:31 +0100

| A better question would be, why would nobody _reclaim_ the address
| space after N months of inactivity etc...

Perhaps we should add a point to RFC2772 that the pTLA should remain
advertised (under normal conditions etc etc) at all times, and if the
pTLA remains abandonned, that the 6BONE community may reclaim the
allocation and return it to 'the registry'.

I think there's quite some (nearly) dead pTLA deployments out there.

A periodic check might not be that bad either. There's plenty of
public LGs around to confirm the absence of a prefix. Also,  RIPE
has just started the RISv6 project (I was their first peer, awww :)
and we might be able to make use of that also, to detect things.

groet,
Pim
--
Pim van Pelt                 Email: pim@ipng.nl