[6bone] free transit

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:36:07 +0100

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-v6ops-6bone-mess-01.txt

> Ok.... But do we accept this way of routing ? I think it's a bad
thing.

> In this situation traffic can route the whole world only because
someone
> build a tunnel somewhere.
>
> A tunnel to Mexico can result in a shorter AS path but is too slow for
> real use....

Read the first one and especially the point about 'bad tunnels'
A tunnel to Mexico from The Netherlands would surely qualify for that ;)
Unless the cable over which the IPv4 packets flow is completely yours
one could argue that it is kind of a native then. IMHO it is in that
case.
One only needs to replace the hardware on both ends to do native IPv6.
And that is not always something that can be done due to organisational
issues.
"Dear bank I need a new router... I want to do IPv6", they'll see you
coming...

Greets,
 Jeroen