[6bone] tighter mesh and accelerating IPv6

Malayter, Christopher Christopher.Malayter@tdstelecom.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 01:15:11 -0500

>No.  I mean "people" like those in charge of peering for ANY site.  If a
>site wants to have tight peering (tunnels or native), they will seek
>it.  Otherwise, they will settle for the peers (or static routing) that
>they have.

Many of us try to gain closer peering relationships with other carriers.
Even in relation to ipv6 peering with larger Tier2 providers is next to
impossible.  Most of them have prohibitive barriers keeping smaller
carriers, such as the one that employes me, from peering with them.  It
would be ideal if everyone could peer with everyone, but then, why would the
Tier1's need to exist? :)

-Chris

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
EnterZone, Inc            | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |