[6bone] proposal for transfer of 6bone address managementresponsibilities to RIRs

Randy Bush randy@psg.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:01:38 -0700

>> i think i understand now.  the 6bone is a marketing network too,
>> and address space should be given for r&e and marketing efforts?
> The discussion started because the transfer of 6bone address to RIRs, and in
> principle I'm in favor of that, but only if the correct strategy for the
> right IPv6 deployment is adopted by the RIRs ;-)

ahh, now i understand even better.  the 6bone is for r&e, marketing,
and internet politics to fix everything we don't like about everything.
a noble set of goals for just having more address bits.  i am impressed
but not optimistic.

randy