[6bone] proposal for transfer of 6bone address management responsibilities to RIRs

Richard Jimmerson richardj@arin.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:59:49 -0400

Hello John,

> As long as the current "if you're already paying us
> for v4 allocation(s), you don't pay more" holds true,
> I don't have a problem.

It is currently the case that ARIN does not collect fees
from current ARIN IPv4 subscribers who request and qualify
for IPv6 address space.  A note from the ARIN web site:

** "ARIN will not collect subscription fees for current
ARIN IPv4 subscribers who request and qualify for IPv6 address
space. This will be effective from January 1, 2001 to
December 31, 2002 unless terminated earlier by the ARIN Board.
This change in fee policy was enacted by the ARIN Board of
Trustees at their December 14, 2000 meeting." **

The IPv6 fee schedule is currently being evaluated.  Included
below is a statement from the minutes of the ARIN Board of
Trustees meeting, July 9, 2002.  This has been added as a note
to the fee schedule page of the ARIN website.

** "The ARIN Board of Trustees notes that the recent change
to the IPv6 minimum allocation size has an impact on the fee
schedule. While a new fee schedule is being evaluated, the Board
waives any additional fees that would otherwise be assessed based
on the larger initial amount of address space. This waiver is
effective August 1, 2002 until such time as the Board publishes
a new fee schedule. The current waiver of assessment of fees for
IPv4 subscribers who request IPv6 space will remain in effect
until December 31, 2002." **

Best Regards,

Richard Jimmerson
Director of Operations