[6bone] proposal for transfer of 6bone address management responsibilities to RIRs

Rik van Riel riel@conectiva.com.br
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:34:21 -0300 (BRT)

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 03:54, Philip Smith wrote:
> At 21:03 20/08/2002 +0200, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:

> >6bone address services must be free.
>
> This isn't an argument. Why?

Because ipv6 address space is not yet available from all ISPs,
it would be very useful if groups of individuals had an alternative
way of getting ipv6 connectivity, until ipv6 is so widespread that
everybody can just get it from their ISP.

If we want ipv6 to become widely available, I think the last thing
we want to do at this point is reduce its availability.

kind regards,

Rik

http://www.surriel.com/		http://distro.conectiva.com/