[6bone] pTLA request BUI - review closes 3 September 2002

Giacomo Cariello jwk@bug.it
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:41:52 +0200

At 22.20 19/08/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Getting PI space from your RIR is a good idea, if you qualify.  I still
>don't agree wanting to participate (in a testing capacity) in the DFZ is
>justification for a pTLA.  Perhaps if TILAB won't allow you to experiment
>with your /48 from them, you need to look for another pTLA that will.

I've had a talk with CEO of Data Service, our IPv4 connectivity partner and
I agreed with him to anticipate IPv6 deployment schedule for their
organization.
Data Service would be interested in requesting a pTLA status for IPv6
deployment reasons, which would be well justified, considering they are an
ISP serving hundreds end-sites and regional organizations and offering
various types of connectivity services.
Meanwhile, we could obtain a sub-pTLA directly from them with a
less-restrictive policy on what we can do with our assignment.
Our plan is to pass our current IPv6 structure to Data Service, in order to
speed up their startup period. Some of their tech employees have
collaborated with us to create our current IPv6 network, therefore I
suppose there will be no problem with that.
If it sounds reasonable, I'll contact Data Service and have them start an
IPv6 allocation plan and the request procedures for a 6bone pTLA.

Giacomo Cariello, jwk@bug.it
KeyID: 3072/1024/0x409C9044
Fingerprint: 7984 10FD 0460 4202 BF90 3881 CDE4 D78E 409C 9044

"Put that mic in my hand and let me kick out the jams!" - MC5