[6bone] pTLA request BUI - review closes 3 September 2002

Giacomo Cariello jwk@bug.it
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 02:10:02 +0200

At 19.23 19/08/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Giacomo Cariello wrote:
>
> > At 20.13 19/08/2002 +0300, you wrote:
> > >It appears to me that BUG does not qualify as a major provider of Internet
> > >service, and these functions can be carried out quite well with a /48
> > >assignment.
> >
> > Our major need for a pTLA is determined by our routing software projects.
> > Some of our efforts require testing our implementations with multiple BGP
> > peers, in various conditions.
> > Our actual status of sub-pTLA doesn't allow us such freedom and we believe
> > that requesting a direct allocation to this "IPv6 testbed" is the way
> to go.
> >

>I don't see where testing routing routing softare requires a /32.  There
>is no reason why you can't have multiple BGP peers, take full routes from
>them all and announce your /48 to them tagged with "no-export".  I
>recently posted a configuration example that addresses just this very
>thing.

It appears that our neighbour pTLA do not allow us to announce our /48
through other pTLAs, so we're looking into obtaining a provider-indipendent
address space and request peering with major IPv6 italian/european pTLAs.
In our testing environment, we specifically need our annunce to reach the
backbone through multiple paths (2 or possibly more).

Giacomo Cariello, jwk@bug.it
KeyID: 3072/1024/0x409C9044
Fingerprint: 7984 10FD 0460 4202 BF90 3881 CDE4 D78E 409C 9044

"Put that mic in my hand and let me kick out the jams!" - MC5