[6bone] Just a few newbie questions

Paul Aitken paitken@cisco.com
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:08:40 +0100

> Hi Rasmus, if you want to know about cisco IPv6 implementations check this
> web page http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/ipv6/

or more simply, http://www.cisco.com/ipv6 - it's a redirect to the same
  URL as above, but it's a lot eaasier to remember!

> Like Cisco routers (I have a 1605 and a 806 here) and/or Linux box

You can run IPv6 on any of these platforms.

You can find relevant IOS images using either Cisco Feature Navigator at
http://www.cisco.com/go/fn or Cisco Software Advisor at
http://www.cisco.com/go/swadvisor.

 > which of those would be preferred?

Without more info, I'd say they're probably all equally as good.

But if the routers don't have enough FLASH to load an IPv6 IOS image
then you'll have to use the linux box. But again, if the linux box is
running on low-end hardware then maybe one of the cisco routers is a
good choice?

Cheers.
--
Paul Aitken
IPv6 Development, Cisco Systems Ltd, Edinburgh, Scotland. EH6 6LX