[6bone] Just a few newbie questions

John Fraizer tvo@EnterZone.Net
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:00:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, EuroShells.dk wrote:

> Hey all!
>
> Interested in trying to peer with someone how do I proceed?
>
> I am mostly interested in knowing what kind of equipment/software is
> needed. Like Cisco routers (I have a 1605 and a 806 here) and/or Linux
> box... which of those would be preferred?
>
> Med venlig hilsen // Best Regards
>
> Rasmus Haslund

Hi there Rasmus,

Well, you came to the right place.  I'm not sure about the v6 capabilities
of the 1605 or the 806, perhaps Paul can answer that.  You can contact him
at Paul Aitken <paitken@cisco.com> or ipv6-support@cisco.com (sorry,
couldn't resist!)

On the Linux front, Zebra ( http://www.zebra.org/ ) and iproute are your
friends.  There are many v6 networks running on this platform, including
mine.  I can help you out there.  It looks like its about a 136ms RTT from
our network to your laptop.

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
EnterZone, Inc            | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |