[6bone] routing problem

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 01:03:52 +0200

Robert Kiessling wrote:

> "Jeroen Massar" <jeroen@unfix.org> writes:
>
> > There is one good way: find out the AS's who are 'bad' and depeer
them
> > if they don't respond in x time.
>
> This is easier said than done. How do you find this out definitively?
>
> Depeering is a big hammer, and you should be sure before you ask for
this.
True true.

But the fact remains; if one doesn't reply to mail to the contact
addresses specified in the whois.
And one doesn't reply to phone calls, and/or doesn't even take the time
to look into the issue they
simply don't have any reason to be connected at all -> depeer.

> I'm currently trying to collect information about this, but I'm not in
> a position to point fingers to a sinner.
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Protocols/IP/IPng/IPv6_Route_Views/
.... find the sinner ;)

8<---
There are now 8 mortal sins:
- pride
- covetousness
- lust
- wrath
- gluttony
- envy
- sloth
- announcing bogus routes not belonging in the global routing table
--->8

Greets,
 Jeroen