[6bone] routing problem

John Fraizer tvo@EnterZone.Net
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:48:46 -0400 (EDT)

You contact the peering contacts in the AS-PATH.  A simple "soft clear" on
their router will show if THEY are the problem or if it is upstream from
them.  You move upstream until you find the problem AS(s).  If they don't
respond or refuse to correct the issue, you depeer them or request that
their peers do so.

If the peer in question is running unsupported, OLD, OLD, OLD bgp code,
please let the list know.  Save the rest of us the problem of peering with
someone who refuses to step into the present and continues to run code
that is known to cause problems.

Speaking of which, EnterZone is getting ready to de-peer a few folks if
they don't respond to our MULTIPLE emails to their peering contacts.  If
you're a peer of EnterZone and you have received an email/responded to an
email from us in the past week, it is in your best (peering) interest to
contact us, otherwise, you'll feel kinda silly when our NOC tells you ther
reason the peering session is down is because you failed to respond to our
contact attempts and we depeered you for that reason.

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
EnterZone, Inc            | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |