[6bone] routing problem

Paul Aitken paitken@cisco.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:33:35 +0100

Michel,

> And maybe the clever thing to do for Cisco would be to understand that
> the reason people come here asking Cisco questions is because they are
> tired of dealing with Cisco support, or the lack of it thereof.

Well I'm sorry if at any time you've felt let down by Cisco Support.

While I can't speak for Cisco TAC, I believe that we,
ipv6-support@cisco.com, do a very good job of trying to understand each
individual user's unique situation and work with them to resolve
whatever issues they're facing.

ipv6-support typically receives around 25 customer emails a week,
including requests for information, tunnel requests, feature requests
and bug reports.

Considering that we're not Cisco TAC, we're not a call centre, we
(allegedly) don't work 24 x 7 (although it's 11.30pm here in Scotland),
we're a small team and we actually have real development work to do, I
think it's amazing that we somehow find the time to help customers
individually.

I don't know many other companies that offer direct access to their
development engineers. In fact, I know some who charge a lot of money
for that sort of service.

So please, read the signature below carefully. I'm not a TAC engineer,
I'm a software engineer working on IPv6 development. Cisco ipv6-support
is not Cisco TAC. We're a small group of engineers who are enthusiastic
about developing IPv6 solutions, and we'll do our very best to help you
with any IPv6 problems.

Cheers.
--
Paul Aitken
IPv6 Development, Cisco Systems Ltd, Edinburgh, Scotland. EH6 6LX