[6bone] 6bone pTLA 3FFE:4010::/32 allocated to ENTERZONE

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 23:01:09 -0700

> John Fraizier wrote:
> If you're talking about 3ffe:1ced::/32,

Yes.

> I haven't decided.  If you would like to move into
> 3ffe:4010::/32, I will gladly do that.  I will be
> moving all tunnel addresses into the pTLA.

In all fairness, 3ffe:1ced::/32 has no place in the routing table; the
reason we see it today are know, exceptional, and valid short term but
not forever. Therefore, I suggest you dump it and use 3ffe:4010::/32.

Although we have disagreed on some topics, this is the right thing to do
and a good example to show.

Note to everyone that intends to whine about John renumbering: The irony
is that I established peering with John a few days ago. Soon, I will
have to reconfigure because John is going to renumber. Am I upset about
it? No.

This is the 6bone. Anyone not happy about it? Instead of getting IPv6
addresses for free, go *buy* some 2001:: ones.

Michel.