[6bone] In the summer time, we got cleaning to do... Where is UUNET?

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 00:05:10 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Michel Py wrote:
> > Why is this a desireable goal?
>
> Because by announcing 2002::/16 on the 6bone, we create another form of
> anycast. Not only there already is an anycast mechanism, it is very
> seldom used. I do not see any reason to re-create another one.
>
> Let's make seq 30 optional.

By that you'd implicitly require that every pTLA who wants to communicate
with 6to4 nodes must also have a 6to4 relay.

That's definitely not something that can be required.