[6bone] native field in ipv6site object?

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:15:01 +0200

Sascha E. Pollok wrote:

> the Nokia 6Bone-DB says, that there is (or should be)
> a native: field in the ipv6site object. Viagenie's
> tool says there is not and the DB does not accept
> any native: field either.
>
> From my point of view it would be good to be
> able to document native links beside the tunnel
> links in the ipv6site-object, too. Is there
> any story behind this or any further information
> on how to document native links?

$ whois 3ffe:8114::/32

inet6num:     3FFE:8114::/32
netname:      INTOUCH-V6-IPNG
descr:        IPng IPv6 deployment.
              Amsterdam Internet Exchange.
<SNIP>
tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv6 amsix-nikhef.ipv6.intouch.net ->
ir4.Amsterdam.surf.net SURFNET BGP4+
tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv6 amsix-nikhef.ipv6.intouch.net ->
rtr6.ams-ix.net AMSIX BGP4+
tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv6 amsix-nikhef.ipv6.intouch.net ->
ams-ix.ipv6.ebone.net EBONE BGP4+
tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv6 amsix-nikhef.ipv6.intouch.net ->
6b1.ams7.nl.uu.net UUNET-NL BGP4+
tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv6 amsix-nikhef.ipv6.intouch.net ->
ams-ix.xr1.sara.xs4all.net XS4ALL-NL BGP4+
tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv6 amsix-nikhef.ipv6.intouch.net ->
Amsterdamv6.ripe.net RIPE-NCC BGP4+
tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv6 amsix-nikhef.ipv6.intouch.net ->
ams-ix.ntt6.net AS4697 BGP4+
tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv6 amsix-nikhef.ipv6.intouch.net ->
telecity.ams-ix.ipv6.network.bit.nl NL-BIT6 BGP4+
remarks:      The 'tunnels' above are actually native IPv6 peering at
the AMS-v6-IX.
<SNIP>

That's the way it works, no other way afaik is possible atm.

> We do not think that it is currently a good and
> convenient choice to document IPv6 native peerings
> in the appropriate RADBs aut-num objects.

RIPE is working on RPSL extension support for IPv6.
Afaik it's nearing completion.

Greets,
 Jeroen