6bone Database cleansing?

Blechinger Robert rblechinger@noc.eurocyber.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:24:13 +0200

Jeroen Massar wrote:

> As I was about to create a nice 'ping-over-the-6bone' tool for ourselfs
> (IPng.nl) I first tested how many of the hosts actually where alive.
> With 'hosts' I mean the 'application: ping' lines found in the nightly
> 6bone.db.
>
> I passed all these hosts to a patched version of fping6 which skips
> hosts without addrinfo (no AAAA ;)

i have to aggree, there where many "application" lines with no AAAA
record. i think some people doesn't know how to use this application
entries.

> jeroen@tunnelserver:~$ cat output.txt | grep "no addrinfo" | wc -l
>     329

791 ping entries, 329 of them have no AAAA records.. that's are 41,6
percent!!
in my view, this is a little bit to high ;)

maybe there should some checks when sending the template to the 6bone.db
?

Regards Robert

--
    Blechinger Robert