pTLA request SSVL - review closes 3 May 2002

Bjorn Pehrson bjorn@it.kth.se
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 20:16:13 +0200

Pekka,

Yes, SSVL is an independent research network. I know of other such
networks although it is fairly few, not thousands. Since 1996, it is
used by several universities and non-academic organizations to do
various types of research that are impossible or hard to do in regular
networks. Due to the topology of the network, AS8973 was granted us in
1998. Due to the nature of our experiments, we moved from KTH address
space to 192.16.124.0/22 in 2000, not to cause problems with aggregation.
Since some time, the focus has shifted towards ipv6 interchange and
global  interdomain issues which require access to the TLA level. I do
consider this a valid reason.
Sunet do provide addresses, altough they do not yet forward packets,
but, as far as I know, they cannot provide a TLA-prefix for us.

Best regards

Bjorn