sluggishness? (fwd)

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

Bill,

    Even though you did not give specifics about this email, I'll assume
its the 6bome mailing list.  If so, this is a majordomo list on <node> and
the configuration is set to check for outbound email hourly.  This was to
balance the load (in the old days).  Since the load on <node> has dropped,
I can change this check to less than an hour.

Jim

> At 02:06 PM 4/16/2002 -0700, Michel Py wrote:
> >Bob,
> >
> >I doubt it is a new thing, but there is something fuzzy about the way
> >the mailing list server processes postings. I received your correction
> >1/2 hour _before_ I received the original posting.
>
> There has always been a fair lag (20-40 minutes, sometimes 60) in mail
> coming out of the isi.edu mailers.
>

> Bob
>
> ----- End of forwarded message from Bob Fink -----
> --