Newbie starting point :)

Harald Koch chk@pobox.com
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:42:31 -0400

> For linux it's all quite easy, simply read Peter Bieringer's FAQ at:
> http://www.bieringer.de/linux/IPv6/index.html

Based on that FAQ I was up and running in a weekend with a tunnel from
Hurricane Electric. I had firewalling, DNS, SSH, and basic connectivity
(including CIPE tunnels).

Since then I've slowed down, but I've added a couple of Windows 2000
machines, OSPF6 for dynamic routing, MXing and SMTP, and Apache 2.0.35
for IPv6 web service, all based on information from the web.

Disclaimer: I used to be an engineer for CA*net, so I knew a little :-)
about networking going into the process.

I'll grant that this stuff isn't plug'n'play; nobody (except Windows XP)
is ready to hand you IPv6 on a platter. You'll have to do the research
yourself; I'd start with reading the RFCs and spending time with Google.

--
Harald Koch     <chk@pobox.com>