problem with 6bone whois db and mnt-lower

Bob Fink fink@es.net
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 08:16:16 -0700

Petr,

I think this may start from the fact that the 3FFE::/16 inet6num object is
not protected by mnt-lower to allow folks to setup and maintain their own
pTLA entries (/24, /28) under it. If I didn't do that (I discussed this
with David Kessens when we originally started out the 3FFE space) I would
forever be maintaining all of these entries.

However, I don't know if this then affects the ability to protect space
below that with mnt-lower.

Their has been no intentional abuse of the database to date and we want to
encourage 6bone participants to use it by keeping it non-complicated and
not requiring admin staff to support it.

Have forwarded this to David Kessens to answer further, and maybe give some
more of the philosophy on this.

Bob

===