6bone stats and tools webpage links cleanup

JOIN Project Team ipng@uni-muenster.de
Thu, 08 Mar 2001 16:03:25 +0100 (CET)

On 08-Mar-2001 Peter Bunclark wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, brougham Baker wrote:
>
>> From: "Peter Bunclark" <psb@ast.cam.ac.uk>
>>
>> > Also, do you know why www.6bone.net not reachable on the 6BONE?
>>
>> It certainly was working, a quick traceroute to www.6bone.net is my way of
>> making sure that my stack is up and my tunnel is working. I ran a
>> traceroute
>> there this morning within 30 minutes of you and it was working. This was
>> via
>> the BT tunnel (thanks Steve).
>>
>> Is it normal to CC: everyone all the time- it just seems rude to me, or am
>> missing something?
> Perhaps I've missed your point, but your response to my problem could be
> quite useful.  I can reach many external 6BONE sites,
> 6bone.ipv6.uni-muenster.de for example, but not all, certainly not
> www.6bone.net. You say you can reach it, can you reach muenster? or even
> me at (say) cass18.ast.ipv6.cam.ac.uk ?

Hi Peter,

Sitting in Muenster I can reach both, www.6bone.net and
cass18.ast.ipv6.cam.ac.uk, so your packets vanish on another
route. Nevertheless the connection to your site is very poor, I
get about 50% packet loss. The route to 6bone.net is much better.

Christian

PS: You can check this yourself on JOINs 'looking glass'
    http://www.join.uni-muenster.de/lab/testtools-e.html . Maybe it
    helps you to find the black hole.