6bone to 6to4

Kristoff Bonne kristoff.bonne@skypro.be
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 22:01:13 +0100 (CET)

Greetings,

Besides 6bone (BGP) connectivity, I am also playing with the 6to4
encapsulation.
I my router has IP-address 195.13.17.26, I use the block of IP-addresses
2002:C30D:111A/48. (which should be correct).

I also set up a static route at my router, that routes traffic to
2002::/16 to the 6-to-4 tunnel. (The rest used the routing-info that is
received via BGP4+).

(Also note, that I also have a block of IP-addresses from the
6bone: 3FFE:80B0:1001::/48, received from belnet.

This seams to work for hosts that have a IPv6-address in my
6bone-range (for all traffic), but a hosts that only has a 6to4-type
address can only reach other hosts that have a 6to4 address.

Is there something that needs to be done so that nodes on the 6bone can
also contact me?
Can I announce my 6to4-subnet in BGP to the 6bone BGP-clouth or is there
somewhere a 'universal' 6bone -> 6to4 gateway.

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
--
KB905-RIPE                                       Belgacom  IP networking
(c=be,a=rtt,p=belgacomgroup,s=Bonne,g=Kristoff)  Internet, IP and IP/VPN