Individual connections

Alexandru Petrescu Alexandru_Petrescu-AAP021@email.mot.com
23 Feb 2001 12:24:38 +0100

Raju Mathur <raju@linux-delhi.org> writes:
> Are there any ``dial-up friendly'' providers who'd permit me to
> tunnel to them using a changing IPv4 address on the 6bone?

Yes, they maintain "automatic tunnels".  freenet6.net is probably the
first to put one in place but their allocation lasts 1 day only, if I
remember correctly.  Uninett (somewhere in Norway) would assign a
permanent tunnel for you and you would control it (up and down), but
you need a fixed ipv4 address (you can probably manage that with your
ISP).  There's another in Belgium, named Euronet*Internet at
www.ipv6.euronet.be, of which I have no experience.

And then you have 6to4 public relay routers.  If you can't get a fixed
v4 address then this is the way to go.  You need a FreeBSD or Linux or
Cisco endpoint.  Your ipv6 address will change each time you dial-up,
so you won't be reachable by others.

Alex