Requirements for joining the 6Bone

Bernhard Schmidt berni@birkenwald.de
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:21:59 +0200

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 07:58:04PM +0100, Chris Smith wrote:

Hi,

> Is a static IPv4 address a requirement of joining the 6bone?

It's not a requirement, but then you have to use a tunnel endpoint where yo=
u=20
can update your local ip at runtime.

> Is is possible for a dialup user with a dynamic ISP-assigned IPv4=20
> address to join the 6bone?

You could try freenet6.net, they provide IPv6-over-IPv4 tunnels for=20
dynamic IPs and they even assign /48-prefixes. I tried it before I got=20
my static line and it worked quite well.

   bye bye
     Bernhard

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q--