Requirements for joining the 6Bone

Chris Smith cjs94@zepler.org.uk
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 19:58:04 +0100

Hi,

I am interested in IPv6 and, having read the "How to join the 6bone"
document (http://www.6bone.net/6bone_hookup.html), I now have a
question.

The document talks about building a configured IPv4 tunnel to the
6bone point of entry. This leads me to believe that to connect to the
6bone one must first be in possession of a static IPv4 address.

Is a static IPv4 address a requirement of joining the 6bone?
Is is possible for a dialup user with a dynamic ISP-assigned IPv4
address to join the 6bone?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
--