your mail

Josh Richards jrichard@cubicle.net
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 14:14:07 -0700

* indra@marmoset.net <indra@marmoset.net> [20010330 21:46]:

> hi! can anybody help in this:  configuring bgp on a linux 2.2.16-IPv6
> enabled router. i am using zebra 0.90, but having problems. the daemon is
> running and receiving connections from its peer on the other side of an
> IPv6 tunnel, but is not advertising the reachability information of the
> local network. tried all docs, manuals etc. but it does not help. zebra
> suite gets installed fine, but this problem repeats even with zebra 0.91.
> any help or pointers, thanks in advance.

Your BGP config would be helpful.  Post the config to the list. :)

Without knowing what you have: make sure you are using "network" statements
and/or redistributing so that the local networks can actually get into BGP.

How do you know that it is not advertising the information to your neighbor?
That is, are you sure the neighbor is not just filtering it by accident?

-jr

----
Josh Richards [JTR38/JR539-ARIN] - jrichard @ { geekresearch.com, cubicle.net }
Geek Research LLC - <URL:http://www.geekresearch.com/> - IP Network Engineering
I am available for contract on IP/ISP/telco related projects! [see URL]