ipv6 testing

Jason Bogin jason@jax-inc.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 01:48:22 -0400

Hi,
In regard to connecting yourself to the office...

You need an IPv4 to IPv6 gateway connection.  On your Cisco router, you will
create a virtual interface with an IPv6 address.  The router will
encapsulate the IPv6 data into IPv4 packets to a direct gateway into the
6bone.  At the gateway, the IPv4 packet will be stripped off and you should
be on the 6bone from there.

I did research on IPv6 in December for the University of North Florida.  The
project was to connect their network to the 6bone.  I accomplished this by
using the IPv4 Internet to the Sprintlink IPv6 gateway in Virginia.  A Cisco
2501 router was used to tunnel although, your router will suffice.

Here's the Cisco router configuration:
http://www.jax-inc.com/IPv6/Cisco2511-IPv6.txt

I hope this helps out...

Thanks,