How about Flow Label

Haisang Wu hswu@ns.6test.edu.cn
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:11:08 +0800 (CST)

Hi, all
  I noticed the Flow Label field in IPv6 header has been changed from 24 bits
to 20 bits in RFC 2460. Is the purpose is only to leave TC field as 8-bit DSCP?
Has any of RFC and draft proposed its usage?
  Has any of us began to think about using the 20 bit flow label? I mean,
should we only use the 20 bits to identify flows, or should we use it to
provide more QoS mechanism, such as adaptive mapping and adaptive service
in multicast? I am doing some survey on this, and wish to get help from 6BONE
friends. Thanks to all of you.
  Best
                     Haisang from CERNET