Firewalled tunnel

Daniel Richards kyhwana@world-net.co.nz
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 21:47:00 +1300

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Aaron Plattner wrote:
> Hi.
> At my house my dad is using SyGate (a NAT program) running on Windows
> 2000 (no ipv6 support), while I run Linux.  I was trying to set up a
> freenet6 tunnel, but I can't get it to work through SyGate.  Is it even
> possible to set up a tunnel through a firewall like this?  (I think SyGate
> will only do TCP and UDP).
Hmm, you have to be able to route/forward ICMP type 41, which is ipv6 icmp
stuff.
It IS doable, at least in linux/freebsd using NAT, but it's no preferrable.
If Sygate can't do ICMP, you're out of luck, maybe you could pick up a cheap
486 and convince your dad to let you use linux/freebsd for NAT ? :)
  --
http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~kyhwana/decss/ - Kyh's DeCSS stuff
http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~kyhwana/DRpubkey.txt