Private network

Geoff gphillips@clarkie.net
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:54:35 -0400

Hi,

         Please forgive me if I sound naive or misunderstood some posts.
But there was a thread going on about reserve IPv6 address such as Private
Network addresses of IPv4 (ie 10.0.0.0). My understanding of the threads
was that there were no reserved IP addresses (one reason why I haven't gone
on 6bone yet). Now, while reading about IPv6 I have read the contrary that
1111 1110 10 (12 bits) 0 (52 bits) 64 bit unique ID (64 bits) (this was
taken from Routing in the Internet 2nd Ed. By Christian Huitema). Who's
right and or where did I go astray in my misunderstanding.

Thank you,

Geoffrey Phillips
508-795-6841

http://www.clarkie.cc/