Tunnel Request

Rafal Maszkowski rzm@icm.edu.pl
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:43:34 +0100

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 12:01:42PM -0800, Mark Sutton wrote:
> Hi, I have looked through the who-is database and traced some routes
> to possible access points. The closest seems to be ipv6-gw1.pa-x.dec.com at
> 16 hops and ~60ms. bah.isi.edu is pretty good at 18 and ~65ms. Verio in
> Seattle would seem like a logical choice but requires a trip to California
> and back. I have not contacted anyone directly yet, since I thought someone
> with more knowledge of the actual infrastructure could make a better
> assessment than a few simple trace-routes. My address is 24.67.152.12

Maybe my scripts will be useful for somebody. They produce list pTLA and
non-pTLA 6BONE routers sorted according to # of hops and rtt and including
packets loss.  Input:
ftp://whois.6bone.net/6bone/6bone.db.gz
scripts:
ftp://ftp.6bone.pl/pub/ipv6/misc/6distance-20000215.tar.gz
sample output:
ftp://ftp.6bone.pl/pub/ipv6/conf/routers
ftp://ftp.6bone.pl/pub/ipv6/conf/routers.ptla

I am also using just traceroute and ping.  There are no docs and there are some
assumptions concerning traceroute output etc.  I was running it all on Linux RH
6.x.

R.
--
W iskier krzesaniu żywem/Materiał to rzecz główna