Tunnel Request

Mark Sutton mes@capelazo.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:01:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I have looked through the who-is database and traced some routes
to possible access points. The closest seems to be ipv6-gw1.pa-x.dec.com at
16 hops and ~60ms. bah.isi.edu is pretty good at 18 and ~65ms. Verio in
Seattle would seem like a logical choice but requires a trip to California
and back. I have not contacted anyone directly yet, since I thought someone
with more knowledge of the actual infrastructure could make a better
assessment than a few simple trace-routes. My address is 24.67.152.12
although my official static is 24.67.152.253 I have not configured it yet.
I have contacted Shaw, my ISP, but the person who felt qualified to answer,
has obviously never heard of 6bone. If I expect nothing but routing packets
from them, I'm very pleased with their service.

Mark